Friday, August 17, 2012

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

 

Forbidden – Tabitha Suzuma

Simon & Schuster

454 pages


Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives--and the way they understand each other so completely--has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.


What can I say after reading this book. Nothing. Everything. This book has changed everything about my prejudice, my thought. I am not the same after reading this novel. Lochan and Maya has taken a big place in my mind, even if it past few days after finished this book. It's strange, I never feel this type of feelings to a book.

A family composed by the mother and five children. The mother is not very careful with her children, so this task is on Lochanand Maya, the two eldest children. They care of their brother and sister with attention and smile. Lochan and Maya are not really as a sister and a brother, there are like friends. They knew everything about them. Their relationship is very close. It's very cute to see there. Until here, there is nothing to happen apart the children and their problems and the mother and her selfishness. But the story is very attractive because of Tabitha manage to do liking us the characters.

I like the characters in this book. Lochan, Maya, Tiffin, Willa, Kit are lovely, they all have a defined personality. We can't mix them. I feel many of feelings about these characters...

Tabitha's writing is awesome. She can lovely translate the feelings in word. She can do crying by her writing, it's horrible and amazing. I cannot describe this writing who takes the importance with his power. For example, she can "kill" you in one sentence. Apart from this power, her writing is easy to understand without too complicated word.

The feelings in this book is the most important thing. Why? It's simple because this novel is about a taboo theme which separate the reader. For example, for me, I begin this book with a small in principle, so I judge this couple because they are brothers and sisters...but with the time, I understand that they brotherhood is not so powerful that they are in love. Finally, I accepted them like they are and I cry for this love story which had no happy ending.

No happy ending, on the contrary, the end will kill you in the every sense of this word. I am devastating by this end because I never excepted that, and surprisingly, it happened quickly and so tragically that the only solution is to cry. And, I cry, breathe difficultly...in one word, I was shocking. I couldn't stop to read. And, at the final chapter, I was so shock than I don't very understand what it going to happen. But finally, when I understand every sense of this end, I was devastated, but also happy to know that there is a reason of all this.

Finally, I am frustrated to can't tell the story, especially the end because the power of this story is mainly this story about consensual incest. I remark that this theme is not very using in literature, and it's a good thing to have a new theme which exist in reality. I love this story. Lochan and Maya are amazing. All the thing is awesome in this story. I recommend it.

To finish, I want to say that incest is not disgusting theme in this novel, especially in the way of taken of the author.

Love. Family. Courage.

Consensual incest.

"You are not just my brother, you are my best friend”

1 comment: