Sunday, March 31, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie Mc Guire

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)

Walking Disaster – Jamie Mc Guire

Simon & Schuster Inc.

448 pages


Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster.

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


When I saw that Beautiful Disaster had a second book, in addition, in Travis' POV! I was in shocked, but also excited to read it! I thought that it could be more intense because of Travis' situation in this relationship.

And ... I can easily conclude that this challenge is remained! This book is, from the beginning to the end, wonderful, powerful, just MAGNIFICIENT. In this book, we understand well every Travis' act. We begin to like him, defend him against Abby's accusation.

We discover Travis precisely, his feeling, his definition of love, his reason for acting as a jackass, everything about him and his life are in this book. Definitely, I liked him very much, more than Abby who was a little bit annoying. And in the Travis' POV, it becomes worse, she becomes as a sort of hell even if Travis is too lover to realize it. I'm not here to slander Abby, but she was just, sometimes, CRUAL.

This book will crescendo, I mean that the (apart prologue and epilogue) there is an increasing of feelings, of action, of everything that transforms this book in a wonderful reading. Firstly, it is so calm, so good, but without waves, but advancing means more action, more feelings, more heartbreaking thing because in this book, every feeling is multiplied by ten. After the middle of the book, everything becomes more intense and heartbreaking, and my heart lose.

As you can see, I repeat the word "heartbreaking" because it is the way this book it is. Heartbreaking because of Travis. He is so sympathetic, sentimental as a kid that ... it becomes a so cute story between them. We understand better than this relationship is not simple, on the contrary, it erodes them, but also completed then ... We understand better their fusional relationship.

Jamie McGuire wrote a wonderful prologue and epilogue. It permits to begin this story with a big touch of love, which permits us to understand well Travis' behaviour. I was on the edge of crying from the beginning. Ever you read prologue, you are sure to love this book. I can say the same to the epilogue which ends this book, this story, this whole "disaster" by an exceptional final. I had a stupid smile on my face while I read this epilogue. I think that this book stuff are the most important thing in this book because it permits us to not forgetting this book.

I also want to speak about this type of book with a different point of view. At the beginning, I was so skeptical about reading the same period, but with different eyes, but when I just finished reading it, I understand one thing. This type of book are more than same story, it shows us that every event are differently considered by person and that a character did the interpretation which influences the reader.

During this reading, I feel the same feeling that I felt in Beautiful Disaster. I thought that every smile that I make in the first book would not influence me in the second, but it did. Yes, because sometimes, replicas are the same. It was just an amazing and unaccountable feeling to discover again this complex story.

“ I didn’t say you’re a bad-person. I just don’t like being a foregone conclusion for the sole reason of having a vagina.”

Heartbreaking. Love. Amazing.

The meaning of freaking out love.

No comments:

Post a Comment